Sequel launches Business Analysis Apprenticeship Programme
News -- 10 August 2021
Author: Sequel Marketing
Sequel is excited to announce the launch of its Business Analysis Apprenticeship Programme in London this September (2021)
We are committed to supporting individuals who have an interest in pursuing a career in technology, but for whom time, education, or personal circumstances have not allowed them the opportunity.
Working together with a third-party apprenticeship provider, Sequel is offering a paid 18-month, full-time, structured study + immersive learning programme for 4 candidates who wish to develop a career in Business/Systems Analysis.
The Level 4 certified qualification will kick-start your career in software, and build a foundation of understanding of the role of Business Analysis in the Software Development Lifecycle.
What is Business Analysis?
Business Analysis is core to understanding what customers want from their software.
It informs every stage, from initial client engagement to the final hand-over and ‘go-live’ of the product. It influences the final view the customer has of the software they have bought.
Business Analysis addresses questions such as:
- What are you hoping to build?
- What is the process the software will need to replace?
- How is that process currently managed manually?
- How do we optimise that process to make it more efficient and map it to a set of steps (in software)
- What is the budget for this build?
- When do you need it?
- Where does it fit in with your other software/data sources etc?
Imagine being asked to organise a gig, but not knowing whom the audience will be, where the gig will be staged, how many people will attend, what the mix of people might be, and how much money you have to set the stage, address the lights, book the band etc.
As Business Analyst – you would outline these questions and draw up a list of requirements, in a logical, easy to understand way - so that the gig is a success.
Who is it for?
- School-leavers (A’levels / BTech/ part BTech/ GCSEs plus some commercial working experience) – who have aspirations of building a career in technology, OR
- Non-technical graduates who wish to make a shift into technology but lack foundation learning in this area
- Career-changers (you’ve spent several years in the workplace and have developed a passion for IT)
How will it work?
- We have an initial 4 openings for Business Analyst Apprentices
- The programme begins in September 2021
- Paid full time role for 18 months
- Structured study and immersive learning
How to apply?
Interested candidates will need to respond with a one-page CV listing any technology-related courses completed, and a short covering letter explaining
- Why you are interested in a career in technology
- Why you feel you are suited to the Business Analysis programme
- When in September 2021 you could start the programme (we have several possible starting dates in September 2021)
Click the link below to contact us for more information
- 19 April 2022 - News Report: Property Remote Claims Assessment - the 40 Companies to Watch
- 08 April 2022 - News Verisk win Best Workplace Award - Spain
- 05 April 2022 - News Report: Algorithmic Underwriting in Specialty Insurance
- 29 October 2021 - News Sequel selected for the ACORD Industry Contributor award